Mechanical Market in Figures
• Mechanical field represents over 50% of the Total Italian Export to China
• China represents the third partner for the mechanical Export, first is Germany and second is North America
In the first half of 2021 (January-June), Italy exported to China machinery and equipment n.e.c. for a value of € 2,274,137 (+ 43.9% compared to the same period of the previous year), while the import stood at € 2,458,411 (+ 22.3%).
The China-Italy Chamber of Commerce (CICC), together with our Mechanical Engineering Working Group (MEWG), organized a Roadshow today in Foshan to meet local manufacturing companies and share experiences that can help strengthen the business and solve common problems for foreign companies in the area. The Roadshow, in its second edition, was hosted by Fosber Asia and Dongfang Precision Manufacturing Group.
About 50 Italian and Chinese companies in the manufacturing sector were present.
The one-day event opened with a Company visit at Fosber Asia, one of the most important Italian companies in Southern China, in which the company's case history and business vision were shared.
Then, the event continued with the opening greetings from Ms Lucia Pasqualini, Consul General of Italy in Guangzhou, Mr Mao Yongtian, Vice Chairman of the CPPCC Foshan Municipal Committee, and Mr Paolo Bazzoni, Chairman of the China-Italy Chamber of Commerce.
Soon afterwards, there were speeches by Mr Bruno Hernandez, Deputy Director of International Investment Promotion Department at Bureau of Commerce of Foshan City, who shared his experience on the topic “Accelerating the Construction of an Advanced Manufacturing Industry Cluster”, and Mr Liu Skyler, Manager at Foshan Sanlongwan Innovation Cluster, who focused on “Sanlongwan - Another Go for Italian SMEs”.
Finally, the Roadshow ended with two panels (dedicated to Industry 4.0 and IPR Protection in China) in which participants voiced their thoughts on issues such as: government incentives and solutions for the industry in the Foshan area; how innovation and technology advancement can change manufacturing in the future IPR Protection; how intellectual property rights protection is important to defend the company image / brands and knowhow in an extremely competitive market.
Panel 1: Industry 4.0
Panel 2: IPR Protection in China
We would like to thank all the authorities and attendees who participated in the Roadshow.
Know more about MEWG
The MEWG represents the interest of all Italian companies in China working directly or indirectly in the sector on a national base.
• Coordinate and promote all Italian members’ needs which are active in many different industries of the Chinese mechanical engineering sector (machinery, automotive, component manufacturers, mechanical engineering …);
• Promote and raise awareness on the size and the importance of the Italian technology in the sector to all institutions in China and Italy that are our natural counterparts, in order to develop business opportunities;
• Coordinate and promote activities and events that boost the visibility and the image of “Technology Made in Italy”;
• Inform all members on the topic Made in China 2025, particularly with regard to risks and opportunities for Italian businesses;
• Become a reference for all mechanical engineering companies within the China-Italy Chamber of Commerce (CICC), lobbying private and public institutions active in the Chinese market.
For more information about the MEWG Group please contact the email address below: email@example.com
Not a Member yet? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The CICC Team